If you get a "No Valid Products in File" error, it typically means one of two things.
- The File Map is not pointing to the UPC column
- Or the UPC codes are invalid
Fixing an incorrect File Map
- Go to the FIle Maps page (https://app.wholesaleinspector.com/file-maps)
- Change the Identifier column to the column that contains the UPC codes
- Save the file and rerun in Wholesale Inspector
Fixing invalid UPC codes
Invalid UPC codes can be caused from Excel truncating the UPC code, meaning a majority of the trailing digits have been cut off and replaced with zeroes.
This typically will occur when saving the original file as a CSV and forgetting to format the UPC column. Excel doesn't handle UPC codes very well. The best way to remedy this will be to:
- Open the file you downloaded directly from the supplier
- Right click the column containing the UPC codes and click Format Cells
- Click Custom and enter in twelve zeroes (000000000000)
- Click Ok
- Then save as CSV like normal and run through Wholesale Inspector
This will keep Excel from saving the UPC codes as scientific notation and truncating the numbers, which will preserve the validity of your UPC codes!
Still stuck? Just open up support and we'll get you fixed up as soon as possible 😃